04 January 2016

Spoonflower 2015 Year in Review

For the past 6.5 years I have been deep in the waters of motherhood. Mothering small children is exhausting. And rewarding. And exhausting. I feel like I have been swimming and swimming, keeping my head down and doing the hard work, just to survive.

Seven years ago I gave up dancing, because a beautiful, little baby girl stole my heart.
Seven years ago I gave up thinking of myself first.
Seven years ago I gave up nights out and sleeping in.
It has been the best almost 7 years.

I gave up many things because I didn't want to give up.
Motherhood is intense and in order to keep swimming I had to let some things slip out of my hands. I couldn't keep afloat while clutching all of those things that really didn't matter. It was a hard decision, one I regretted and beat myself up over many times.

However, 2015 marked the start of a new part of my life.  I swam hard and clutched at every life preserver thrown my way and I have reached the shore. My youngest is almost 2 and my years of trying to merely keep my head above water while mothering babies have come to an end. I made it.

Because of this I am so excited about this year. There is so much possibility. With gratitude for where I've been, I am celebrating the start of a new season.

Today I want to celebrate a small victory of this year and toast to the new year to come. Head on over the the Spoonflower Blog to check out their 2015 Year in Review. You'll see me there under the First Time Weekly Contest Winners!

Happy New Year, Friends! I am celebrating the victories, battles, journeys, and moments of last year with you today and look forward to all of new ones we'll face this year.

By the way, you can now find me over on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment