01 October 2015

SPOONFLOWER CONTEST Simple Cephalopod

Have I ever told you that I cannot stand octopus tentacles? Even typing that sentence makes my scalp itch. When I take my kids to the aquarium I have to stand with my back to the octopus tank while they tell me how awesome it is.

This week's Spoonflower contest theme is Cephalopod. I tried to put aside my qualms and focus on how fascinating, graceful, and captivating these creatures can be. I decided to keep things simple and a bit cheeky using ink as my focus. Here's my entry: Simple Cephalopod with pen ink and ink spots galore.

As always, if you'd like to vote visit the Spoonflower weekly contest page and check out all of the entries.

If you haven't checked it out yet, head on over to Inktober for a little inspiration. I just heard about it and I think it is just what I need to kick me out of this funk. I've been a bit under the weather this week so I will be resting up tomorrow and see you back here on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment