12 October 2015

MY ARTISTIC VISION Final Thoughts [Part Nine]


I finally made it. Weeks ago I started a journey to evaluate what is most important to me in my artistic journey, perhaps even a career using Anne Morrow Lindbergh's book Gift From The Sea. (If you missed the rest of this series, check out parts onetwothreefourfivesixseven, and eight.)

When I started I knew it was a good thing to do, but I had no idea how transformational it would be for my creative heart. I am more intentional when I create and I take the time to measure whether an assignment, project, or deadline brings me joy and rings true with my core values. Those simple steps give me peace of mind when saying "no" or when I just can't seem to get it all done.

I am still working on my artistic vision statement and hope to share more soon. What about you? What guides your artistic pursuits and projects? How do you decide what assignments to take on? What do you weigh them against?

Thanks for taking this little journey with me.

MY ARTISTIC VISION + CORE VALUES
1 --- Simplicity
2 --- Solitude
3 --- Balance
4 --- Storytelling
5 --- Freedom
6 --- Selectivity
7 --- Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment