11 September 2015

INSPIRED BY Creative Learning

Some days I sit down to create and feel like I am overflowing with ideas. I just can't get them onto paper fast enough. But, some days I sit down to create and feel like my creative well is empty. On days like this I need a little artistic boost and I've found the best thing for me to do is to learn. Here are a few of my favorite sources of creative learning, as I like to think of it.

1 --- Creative Live - You can watch classes for free any time on this site in their 'On Air' section on  various channels. This is a great tool to get me out of an artistic funk, because I am always inspired. If you love what you see you can purchase classes as well. (This is where I watched Bonnie Christine's Design Surface Patterns from Scratch and got hooked!)

2 --- MOYO - Described as "the world's only online magazine dedicated to surface pattern design," this free magazine is filled with articles, interviews, and information for surface pattern designers, especially beginners like me.

3 --- Spoonflower - I share a lot about my experiences on Spoonflower. Between the blog and the community of designers and buyers on the site, I have learned so much. Just a little time can yield great results!

4 --- Pinterest - If I have a specific idea in mind, but need a little twinge of inspiration I will use Pinterest to get me started on the perfect color palette, shape, or theme. The list maker in me loves being able to organize all of my digital inspiration. (Just remember, Pinterest is not a source, and it is important to play it safe and be the creator of all of your own inspiration.)

5 --- While She Naps - A newer find for me, I have learned a lot about the creative industry through Abby Glassenberg's posts. I can't wait to dive in deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment