10 August 2015

Reversible Quilted Necklace [Cultivate In Fall Challenge]


To celebrate her latest fabric line "Cultivate", Bonnie Christine teamed up with Art Gallery Fabrics for the Cultivate in Fall Challenge. The challenge was to create an a fun and unique project inspired by the idea of change as we transition from summer to fall.
 
Using Bonnie's fabrics we made a reversible quilted necklace. I got my mom on board to help me create this necklace that has been bouncing around in my head for a while. Bonnie's fabrics were inspired by tending to her own flower garden and her sweet Pruning Roses Water fabric gave us the perfect focal point for the summer side of our necklace.
  
 
With details from Floriculture Noontide we bound the pieces in Row by Row Lit and spaced the pieces with two beads from my father's ever growing collection. Strung on a simple leather cord, this necklace is the perfect piece to finish out the summer with a lightweight statement necklace.
 

 
For the Fall side we used Plotted Farm Moss with strips of the eggplant colored fabric in Vintage Vases Eggplant.
 

 
For the two smaller pieces we used Everblooming Willow. I love the way it pops next to the binding, which we cut on the bias to create a candy cane effect with the stripe. A little gold thread from Superior gave this side just a bit of subtle sparkle in the quilting.
 

 
I am going to miss the warm, lazy afternoons my family has spent at our neigborhood pool, but these colors have me looking forward to crisp fall breezes, big leaf piles for jumping, cozy cardigans, and jack o'lantern carving.
 

To finish off the necklace we added a clasp, but my favorite part is that this necklace is durable enough for me to wear around my one year old.


Check out Art Gallery Fabric's Pinterest Board "Cultivate In Fall" to see all of the projects and vote with a like (heart) for your favorite projects starting tomorrow, August 11.




No comments:

Post a Comment