20 August 2015

Hankey Blankey on Etsy

My sister and I on her wedding day
If you are anything like me, you love to give and receive handmade gifts. I like to keep a list of favorite places to buy special gifts from and today I have an Etsy shop to add to your list.

My sister, Hannah, just started sewing a few months ago. My mom gifted her a sewing machine and taught Han how to sew over FaceTime! Passing down handcrafting traditions may look a little different in the digital age, but it makes it no less special. I love how they were able to connect despite the miles between them.

Han opened an Etsy shop and sews baby burp cloths. I am so proud of her for working on this goal and can't wait to see where it takes her. Check out Hankey Blankey on Etsy to see more.

2 comments:

  1. That's a pretty impressive leap from getting a sewing machine to starting an Etsy shop. Hannah must be very talented. It's just right that she shares her talent in one of the biggest platforms in the world right now, with a wide and instant reach. She also gets to impart legacy and tradition that way, as embedded in fine craftwork. I look forward to where else she's going to go with this shop. Cheers!

    Chris Hatcher @ Red Stick SEO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see what else she creates as well! A little persistence (in learning to sew) goes a long way.

      Delete