29 July 2015

READ MORE BOOKS [Part One]



It's no secret I love reading. When I was growing up, if I wasn't dancing, there was a 98% chance that I was reading. I thought I would share a few of my favorite books because I am always on the lookout for a recommendation.

1 --- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - Slightly spooky with a thread of historical intrigue, this is one of the few books I have read more than once.

2 --- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I read this book in high school and was profoundly changed by it.

3 --- Ender's Game - by Orson Scott Card - I secretly love Science Fiction and this novel is an easy read and a gentle introduction to the genre for the skeptical.

4 --- A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith - Beautiful, impactful storytelling that you never want to end.

5 --- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho - A magical little book.

6 --- A Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh - I wrote a little bit about this book yesterday.

7 --- The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - I have only started reading fantasy in the last couple of years and this book is a gem of this genre. It will leave you feeling empowered and determined to find your place in history.

8 --- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver - A nonfiction, real food treatise that reads like a novel. A great introduction to the slow food movement.

9 --- Radical by David Platt - First introduced to me in a Bible study format, this book really makes me think about what the Bible tells me verses what American culture tells me.

10 --- The Secret History by Donna Tartt - I love the story telling and suspense in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment