21 July 2015

Eight Years of Marriage


Today my husband and I celebrate eight years of marriage. Instead of a romantic dinner, we are going to be serving at our church in the children's ministry. Somehow that just seems fitting and at least we'll be together.

The picture above is one of my favorite pictures from our wedding. The braid that our arms make reminds me of the braided lives we began on that day. If one were to remove the strand of James' influence from my life many of the intricate beauties of my life would come unknotted and fall listless.

But, here's the real reason I love this picture. Before our wedding day I wondered what the car ride to our reception would be like. I'm sure there are lots of options for this first private time for man and wife, but our limo ride was, dare I say it, boring. James and I rode side by side in silence, staring out the windows at the countryside. We didn't say a word. It is one of my most cherished memories of that day. I knew then, with all of my heart, that we made the right choice. After all of the hustle and bustle of the day, we were able to sit side by side in silence and be happy and content with one another.

So, Happy Anniversary to my first love.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 8 years of marriage to the both of you, Tif! That photo is wonderful, and it sure holds a great memory of that day. It's really sweet of you to remember how it felt when you were seated in the limo back on your wedding day. You were both quiet, but I'm sure you were also both full of emotions back then. I wish you more years of happy married life to come! :-)

    Evan Blake @ Antique Limo Of Indy

    ReplyDelete