21 May 2015

SPOONFLOWER CONTEST Brave Mermaid

One common characteristic in the work of other surface pattern designers that I greatly admire is a strong personal style. Even if an artist's particular style is not my favorite, I appreciate when I can recognize their work even before I see the name attached.

That said, another week, another Spoonflower contest. Since I am now an old pro having entered *ahem* three contests now, I am enjoying the challenge of illustrating themes that I would not normally entertain because I am seeing my personal style start to come out in my work. I am learning how to work around personal weaknesses. Anyone else dislike drawing hands as much as I do? Plus, having a deadline is great with three little kids because we all know that laundry pile in the corner's never going to end.

Here's what I ended up with. Go here to see it in my Spoonflower shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment